Whether you choose to remain in your home and enjoy the makeover yourself or if you want to increase the value so you can put your home on the market, here are some tips from the professionals:
1. Invite a realtor or interior designer over to check out your home. Remember, this is their profession – what they do all day, everyday – and they have become experts in knowing what adds value to your home. They can spot trends and identify problems that you may not be able to see on your own. The minimal fee they may charge for this service will be well worth the larger payoff in the end.
2. Get a home inspection. Make sure there are no larger issues lurking behind the scenes. While these types of fixes may not produce an immediate visual effect, they will add value by making your home safer and more secure.
3. Paint! It’s amazing what a new color can do to brighten up and revive a room! For the cost of a gallon of paint and a bit of your time, you will gain a fresh new look.
4. On a tight budget? Everyone enjoys saving on a home project. Try one of these 10 Cheap Fixes and see what a big difference a small fix can make!
5. Reduce your energy costs. Wasting energy may be a silent but expensive problem with an easy fix. Check out this article to find ways to reduce your energy costs.